Monday, January 14, 2013

10 Favorite Movie Quotes

This week, in order to get out of our real life for a bit, I took on the Monday Listicles challenge from my friend over at Northwest Mommy. This week's topic was your 10 Favorite Movie Quotes.



We love movies in our house. We often speak in quotes of some sort, be it movie, TV, even song lyrics. A lot of times other people look at us strangely, but it makes us laugh so it's all good. I am amused at the list I finally narrowed it down to, and I had a great time on facebook reading through my friends suggestions. It warms my heart that so many of my friends also speak in movie quotes.

It definitely makes it easier to find your people.

Click on the title to see the clips (though some of them I didn't feel needed them).

1. Put. The Bunny. Back. In the Box
This particular line is at the 20 second mark of the clip. I say this a lot when I am cleaning my daughters toys up - in the same, slow southern drawl. It's a horrible movie, but for some reason this line has stuck in my head for years and it makes me laugh. My husband is rolling his eyes at me right now because I've played this clip four times in the last two minutes, and giggled each time.

2. Well, gosh. Kindof a lot's happened since then.
Embarrassingly, another Nicolas Cage quote. This time from the movie The Rock, which is awesome and one we watch a lot. The link above will take you to a longer video, but just watch the first 90 seconds or so. The quote comes at 1:32, but to set the scene you should start from the beginning. You can stop watching after the line as it really is just the most awesome line ever. I say it all the time. All. The. Time.

3. Honey ... Where's my super suit? and 
4. I am your wife! I am the greatest good you are ever gonna get.



We often will banter this whole scene back and forth around the house, kids too. 




Awesome.

5. No capes! 
Enough said. You can't go wrong with Edna, she is wise.

6. One of my favorite 80's movies is St Elmo's Fire. One of my favorite moments in the movie is when one of the characters has moved into her very first apartment. This scene plays in my head a lot, even all these years later. It helps me relish in the little things.

"Yeah ... you wanna know what's great? Last night I woke up in the middle of the night to make myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich... and you know, it was my kitchen, it was my refrigerator, it was my apartment ... and it was the BEST peanut butter and jelly sandwich that I have had in my entire life"


7. I'm wiry.
I have very skinny, lanky children. Often when we talk about their size, the husband or I will pull this line out. This is probably one of those "most people won't get it" moments, but this is another of our favorite movies. I can't even hear the word without the expression, and the accent. 

8. Hey Goose, you big stud! Take me to bed or lose me forever.
If this needs an explanation, we cannot be friends.

Brilliant and hysterical. We often quote this over our seafood dinners.

If you don't know this movie, an angel has lost its wings.

Bonus quote:
Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown.
While browsing online for inspiration I came across this one and decided we need to find a way to incorporate it into our lives. I'm trying to find a way to bring it up in everyday conversation.



2 comments:

Roger said...

Ghostbusters!!!!
And without Princess Bride clips we can no longer be friends :(

erin said...

loved them all!