Saturday, September 3, 2011

Friday Night Lights

I got a little dose of high school flashback last night. Opening day of high school football, the hubs former high school v. my former high school (played in my little hickish, cute home town).

It was fun to be back there for the evening. I grew up in a football town; whenever I see those high school football movies (and especially my favorite TV show) it makes me smile and remember what it was like on Friday nights back then. The whole town pretty much shuts down, everyone has a personal history or investment with the coaches and athletes on the field. Friday nights are the social highlight of the week.

One of the highlights of the evening, other than being back at my old high school, was watching my neighbor show our friend from Germany what its like to be a teenager in the states. They got in the school spirit (after spending hours figuring out just the right outfit. Oh how I miss those days) and were ready to cheer on their team. Check out how cute they are!


This wasn't the final outfit, there were some changes and additions. My favorite part, once they got to the game, was their eyes. Check out the gold sparkle!


It was fun to watch the girls be teenagers, it was fun to flash back to my high school days and see all that school spirit (from both teams). Mostly, it pretty much rocked to be able to hang out and have fun with the hubs. We don't do that enough.

Happy labor day weekend!

No comments: