Friday, July 29, 2011

Highlights from the week

It has been a crazy, stressful couple weeks around here. Topped off for fun with another attempt at potty training the toddler. Yay for us. Because of the crazy, and because I just haven't found it in me to do much blogging the last couple weeks, I am giving you the highlights in pictures.

This is what crazy looks like at our house. Also known as dinner time.



one: When the hubs was younger, he used to wake up in the middle of the night and find someplace other than his bed to sleep. The stories are hysterical, the way my mother-in-law tells it, of the occasional search for him. There is nothing like that jolt of fear you get when your child is not in their bed when you go to wake them up. My favorite was the time he crawled onto the shelf of his changing table, pushed all the diapers  to the front and nestled, out of site, into the 'fort' like hole he'd created behind them. Or the time they found him sound asleep on his rocking horse, in his diaper and cowboy boots.

So the other day, hubs peeked in on the toddler before he left for work. She wasn't in her bed, but she was easily spotted sound asleep in her rocking chair. So like her dad she is.

two: We are kitty sitting for our neighbors this summer while they are fishing in Alaska. They have more stuff in their backyard for the kids to play on than we do, so the kids like to play over there. This is the toddlers favorite way to spend the afternoon.

three: And look, sometimes the grown ups get to have fun too. We stopped in at DeLille Winery (my new favorite winery) for a tasting. We loved it so much, the hubs and I joined the wine club. We get our first shipment next week. Yay!!

four: This is how the tween and I spend our Thursday evenings, hunkered down under our blankets with our hot chocolate and popcorn, catching a family movie in the park. This is my favorite part of the summer, hands down. (PS it was raining and cold out this particular night. Sometimes its more about comfort than looking good).

I also posted an album of pics on my Facebook page if you are so inclined to peek. You can find them here.

I wish you all a good weekend and promise to update on our recycling challenge, post some cute family pics from my sister-in-laws wedding, tell you about the big weekend for the non-profit I am running, and maybe even do a writing prompt next week. Until then, Happy Friday. Go have a drink!

No comments: