Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The kids new dad

If you know me at all, other than Stoli, I am slightly obsessed with Donnie Wahlberg. I'm not so much a fan of New Kids on the Block, but can sing along because I have seen him a few times in concert over the last few years. My friend and I went to see him (you know, Donnie) dance and sing and otherwise pretend to be 20 again with his buddies on a recent tour stop. Here are the highlights.

Hubs: Bye honey, it was nice knowing you. I assume you won't be home again?
Friend: I get bec in the divorce, so it was nice knowing you; bye!
Tween: mom, what are you talking about?
Me: I'm going to see your new dad honey.
Tween: *eye roll* stop saying that!

Opening for Donnie & friends was Matthew Morrison from Glee. Friend and I are HUGE Glee fans, so this was monumentous (to borrow from the teens vocab).



Halfway through Mr Shus number, the following (paraphrased) texts were sent from Friend to her hubs:

Friend: I'm going home with Matthew Morrison. It's been nice knowing you honey.
Friends hub: okay.

And then came the good stuff. The man I would leave my husband for.

Okay side note here. The difference between being an obsessed teenager and an obsessed adult is that I do actually understand that the Donnie I've created in my head is not the person he actually is. I do not REALLY want to be married to a man who, at almost 42, gets on stage to sing and dance to pop songs in front of thousands of screaming soccer moms. No thank you. But if I were offered a weekend with him, I'm pretty sure the hubs would understand.

So here I share with you, lovely readers, the reason I cannot get enough of this man. It might help if you have a few shots of vodka first though. It helps me get through the shows.


You're welcome.

No comments: