Thursday, March 1, 2012

Butter

The toddler loves butter. If there is a stick of butter on the counter, she has been known to stick her finger in it and scoop out as much as she can. To eat. Over. And over. Until she gets caught.

This morning, she asked for a "butter sandwich", which in our house is how she describes two pieces of toast, with butter, stuck together like a sandwich. With the crusts cut off.

All our butter was in the refrigerator still, so I had to throw some, in our butter dish, into the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up. And it got a little softer than I'd planned (as per usual, with anything I do in the kitchen. Never turns out as planned. But I digress). Some of it liquified.

"Mom!" she yelled. "You made butter soup!"

Because I am a most excellent cook.




No comments: