Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Moooom. Please.

The toddler and I decided to walk to school this afternoon to pick up the tween (rather than drive). Though I love the fresh air and exercise, it annoys the tween because he then has to lug his cello home. It's such a burden.

Picture from last fall. When it was sunny and pretty out. Also note that his backpack is not with him, which means he's thrown it in his sister's stroller as he can't be burdened with BOTH the cello and the backpack.
Today he says to me, "Mom, can I push the stroller?"

Me: "No. I'm not going to carry your cello for you. You are the one that picked the cello, you have to carry it home."

Tween: "Mooom!" (in that whiny, frustrated voice) "Please."

Me: "No."

Tween: "Gah. Can't you just do it for once?"

For once. As though I don't do anything for him usually. Oh, teenage years, I see you looming. Stay far away from my charming, sensitive, funny little boy.

A bit later he was telling the toddler that she was so lucky to be nestled into her stroller (it was a bit windy, and starting to rain). And that someday she would be in fifth grade and have to carry her heavy instrument home while her little brother got to ride in the stroller.

Um. Pardon me. Her little brother? She does not currently, nor will she ever, have a little brother.

Where does he come up with these things?


No comments: