Monday, March 19, 2012

The Quotable Post

I'm a little annoyed right now.
"I prefer an interesting vice to a virtue that bores." | Moliere  
I don't necessarily want to discuss it.
"Yield to temptation. It may not pass your way again." | Robert A Heinlein 
But I'm tired of the stress.
"All the things I really like are either immorral, illegal, or fattening." | Alexander Woollcott, American critic
I'm tired of feeling like this.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." | Frank Sinatra
So I'm perusing a book the teenager left on the table, called The Quotable A**hole.
"Some people are like Slinkies: not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs." | Unknown
And I'm enjoying the hell out of it.
"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you." | Muhammad Ali
It's improving my outlook on the day.
"Life is the boring bit between the hangover and the opening time" | Michael O'Brien, American Poet
The vodka is helping as well.
"People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." | Ann Landers 

1 comment:

Jane said...

Oh, this is exactly what I needed tonight. :)