Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Turning 40

Tonight is my last night in my 30's, which is kind of a weird thought. I'm not really having any issues with turning 40, but all week I've been thinking about that scene in When Harry Met Sally.

No, not that one.

The one where Sally freaks out about how she's going to be 40. Someday.



Because it's just sitting there like a big dead end.

But it doesn't feel like a big dead end. All week I keep thinking I should be a little more traumatized by this big life event.

Maybe watching several other friends celebrate it in such a big way, it's made it exciting. I'm very  much looking forward to my glitter celebration this weekend. And my vodka cake.

Maybe I'm over the "old" thing.

Maybe I have enough other things to stress about, I don't need to create more of it.

It's just a number.

I'm fine.

I'm going to open the expensive wine now. The big magnum size bottle that has been waiting for me.

I'm fine. Really.

No comments: