Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finding the silver lining in these grey clouds

Welcome to June in Seattle. It's raining. And 57. There is thunder in the forecast tonight. It's been gloomy this spring, I still haven't packed away my heavy winter clothes (though on one of the few sunny days I did break out the capris and short sleeves).

Today, we decided to have an adventure; any outing is an adventure with the two year old. She's a bit bossy. And demanding. But she's cute and I know it will pass (right??). So we attempted to leave the house and run errands.

Our first stop was the book store, we needed a new charger for the nook (my luggage was 'inspected' on my flight home and my cord went missing, as did one of my rings. Lame). I noticed a lot of toddlers in the kids area, so we hung around and caught story time. Well, we caught half of story time. She wouldn't let any of the other toddlers sit next to her ("that's MY seat. You can't sit there!"). And she kept talking in her outside voice. So we left.

From there we walked to the grocery store. On the way, we passed by the pet store, and they were grooming a bunch of dogs in the front window. She was fascinated.


While she stood there watching, another mom and her two toddlers ran up to stand next to her and watch. One was a girl, a little younger than mine. My little princess introduced herself. Then she stared at her for a minute and, little charmer that she is, said "I'm angry with you. Don't stand next to me."

At least she didn't swear at her, right?

The highlight of our adventures was the puddles though. There is nothing better than jumping up and down and dancing in puddles.


Happy Wednesday!!

1 comment:

Lori Watson said...

The puddle pictures are precious! And wow, was that a lot of alliteration on my part. Sorry about that.

Thanks for stopping by my six wordr memoir!