Thursday, June 16, 2011

Fun kid conversations

The highlights of my day; quotes from the kids.


TODDLER
My tween has a bit of a focus problem at times and you can often hear the hubs or I telling him to focus. Apparently we say it a lot because the toddler tells him to focus fairly often as well. This afternoon, while holding her magic wand she kept yelling "focus focus". This, seemingly, is how she has translated "hocus pocus".

TWEEN 
On the way to the tweens soccer practice, I realized I had forgotten to give him his allergy meds. He has hay fever pretty bad and practice is on a grass field, which tends to trigger swollen, itchy eyes. So I told him if they got too bad we would leave practice early. This is what he says:

Tween: mom, you know who Louie Armstrong is?

Me: umm ... yes

Tween: Well, he had a heart attack once, and when he was all better and he left the hospital, the doctor told him he couldn't play his trumpet anymore. And he said that'd he'd rather die than stop playing his trumpet. Well, that's how I feel about soccer, mom. I'm going to play no matter what.

TODDLER
While at the above soccer practice, the toddler called me from the hubs cell phone. Apparently, while chatting with me, she had wandered away from her dad and set the phone down. I kept calling, loudly, "hello?" and finally she answered me:

"Shhh mommy, be quiet." Then the shuffling sound of the phone moving. "Hold still."

TEEN 
The teenager has recently discovered the fashion world. Here are his current fashion icons, with the wardrobe he prefers:

That would be White Collar's Neal on the left, and Glee's Kurt on the right
He's also quite smart and likes to use big words in every day conversations. He prefers to shop at Nordrstrom, but unfortunately we don't live in a Nordstrom world here at our house. So today I introduced him to Ross. I dropped him off so he could do some shoe shopping as he has been needing a pair. He called me to give me an update.

"They have Calvin Klien here. This is monumentous."

If you don't know him that may seem strange, but to those of us that know him, it just made me chuckle and nod. Welcome to the thrifty world honey.

1 comment:

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!

Have a nice day!