Friday, June 3, 2011

The girl with the leopard print purse

I'm writing this post mainly to get the h@#$ off twitter because I have accomplished absolutely nothing today. I'm hoping that once I hit publish, I will be able to close the laptop, put down the phone and open a door or something. We'd planned to go to the park, it's finally sunny. But no, I'm having too much fun on twitter to actually leave the house. I'll try to get in a walk later today, probably a short one (you know, to the school to pick up the tween). For now, the toddler is watching Beauty and the Beast for the first time and she's loving it and dancing and a little worried about Belle. And I have responded to two tweets since starting this post.

Tomorrow I will be attending Bloggy Boot Camp and I'm beyond excited. And so nervous I might throw up. Social situations, walking in to a room where I don't know anyone, kind of freak me out. They bring out the wallflower in me. But thanks to twitter this morning, I will now be "the girl with the leopard print purse" (thanks to my twitter friend for the tagline), which gives me an identity to own as I introduce myself. Because, as it is, walking in to this room full of fabulous bloggers, I am the newby (okay, I'm sure most of these folks don't know each other, but I just started blogging so that makes me insecure) and my natural instict is to hide, to sit back and watch. But now! Now I can walk into that conference room, to my assigned seat, and own that purse and that identity! Go me! Go, Girl with the Leopard Print Purse!

Following this most fabulous, full day event, I get to set the alarm clock AGAIN Sunday morning. It's for a good cause though, I will be running in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. It's my third year on Team Bacon Salt and I love it every year. It's a good cause, one that is close to my heart because people I love have been touched by breast cancer. It's an emotional, powerful day that celebrates women and the search for a cure. Thanks to those of you that have donated!!

For now, as the credits roll on the movie, I will close the laptop and go make some lunch. But first, I have to respond to one more tweet ...

2 comments:

rachel said...

I think it's perfectly ok to be defined by your purse. You go girl!

Felicia Fibro said...

Now I can comment with the name/url options! Here was my original comment: I think that is the best part - since MOST of us won't know anybody else, we're all in the same boat! Ah, I don't think you're at a disadvantage because you haven't been blogging that long. If anything, you'll probably take even more away from the day! Good luck on Sunday!